Want to give up sugar while still satisfying your sweet tooth? Here are some natural alternatives to keep the cravings at bay.
1. Honey. Studies have shown that when subjects were giving equal amounts of either sugar or honey, those who had honey saw a reduction in both weight and body fat. It’s also up to 50% sweeter than sugar so your sweet tooth will be satisfied with less.
2. Xylitol. Xylitol is roughly as sweet as sugar but with 33% fewer calories. It is a naturally occurring carbohydrate that looks and tastes just like regular table sugar.
3. Maple Syrup. Maple syrup can be used in place of sugar in most cake recipes. You can also find maple sugar which is produced from the sap in a maple tree. It’s almost twice as sweet as sugar so only half the amount is usually needed!
4. Coconut Palm Sugar. Coconut sugar is a natural sugar made from the sap of a coconut plant. It retains quite a lot of the nutrients found in the coconut palm including: iron, zinc, calcium and potassium.
One of the fastest and most cost effective routes to a whiter smile is using the popular ‘Zoom2’ tooth whitening process. As featured in the hit TV series ‘Extreme Makeover’, Zoom2 is one of the simplest and most scientifically advanced whitening procedures available today.
At Clocktower Dental, we use the Zoom2 Chairside Whitening System to bring you safe, effective and fast whitening up to eight shades in around one hour.
Our experienced dental team apply the Zoom2 whitening gel which is then activated by a special dental light.
Our patients are typically amazed by the results – on average eight shades whiter!
Zoom2 teeth whitening is often used in conjunction with other cosmetic dentistry procedures to complete full ‘smilemakeovers’ – our experienced dental team will advise you of all the possibilities during your consultation.
Patients can watch a DVD or television , listen to music during your teeth whitening session. Please feel free to bring in dvds or your own music.
In addition to in surgery Zoom whitening, professional home whitening kits are offered to maintain colour in the comfort of your own home.
Goop is an online blog founded by Gwyneth Paltrow. It’s a great blog to follow for health advice for the mind, body and soul.
This article explores how to overcome a sugar addiction. It goes on to explain the health risks associated with it and has some really great tips on how to overcome it.
Here is a great Blog to follow for healthy recipes, fitness advice, beauty tips amongst other things.
Love Your Life, Love Your Food, Love Your Self
Here is a great article I have found for helping you to stay on track….
Plasma Rich in Growth Factors ‘PRGF’ technology is a revolutionary procedure used in all our implant cases in order to reduce the recovery time.
We begin by taking a small sample of our patients blood. Charlotte is our qualified Phlebotomist here and provides this in a calm and almost pain-free way. This is then span for 8 minutes in our centrifuge and treated to produce a concentrated mixture of natural healing factors. This is then applied to the wound area in carefully measured therapeutic dose to optimise the healing process.
Advantages of PRGF treatment:
- Leading edge technology backed by a wealth of experience and clinical testing
- Decreased inflammation and pain
- A trusted an proven range of medical applications
- Outstanding clinical efficiency as illustrated in many clinical publications
- Totally safe and biocompatible
- The only treatment of it’s kind that holds European (CE) and American (FDA) approval
We have always been warned about the dangers of saturated fats and encouraged to use more heart-healthy fats such as olive oil.
Now, suddenly everybody is using coconut oil in various ways for the health and beauty benefits.
While a lot of the health benefits are unsupported and un-researched; we have many clients who are thrilled with their results. Oil pulling is an ancient remedy for tooth and gum problems that originates from India. It is known for naturally whitening teeth and nourishing the gums. It is said to remove plaque and eliminate toxins as well as providing overall health and wellness.
Here at The Clocktower Dental Clinic you can purchase Skinny Coconut Oil; being 100% RAW, Skinny is the most effective coconut oil for oil pulling.
Pull daily for the best results. First thing in the morning, place one tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth and begin to swish for 5-20 minutes. Move the oil around your mouth, teeth and gums as if it were a mouthwash (without gargling or swallowing). After 5-20 minutes spit out the mixture, and rinse out your mouth with warm water and brush your teeth.
Let us know if you feel the benefits!
In recent news, social media and press there is a lot of emphasis on how important it is to look after yourself and prioritise your needs. With a busy lifestyle and a world of work stress this ends up being at the bottom of your list.
There are many simple ways to begin to look after yourself such as exercise, eating well, socialising and even meditating; having recently started practicing Hatha Yoga, I am already feeling the benefits!
At The Clocktower Dental Clinic, we want to help and encourage you to make yourself a priority in your own life.
From simple cosmetic bonding, invisible braces, to full smile makeovers, together we will find the perfect solution for you. By investing in your own dental health you can feel the benefits of a revitalised smile.
Good dental health to help you achieve health in other aspects of your life. Having a full set of strong, healthy teeth will help you to eat the good foods your body needs.
There is no better way to boost your confidence and self-esteem this year than helping to create a smile you can show off and be truly proud of.
Book in now for a consultation and make the first steps to Investing in Yourself.