Dental restorations in one visit - Epsom Cerec dentist in Surrey
What is CEREC?
CEREC® is a sophisticated, computer-based treatment system for the 21st century. It is one of the most advanced products in world dentistry. CEREC was developed at Zurich University and has been deployed in UK dental practices since 1985, i.e. more than 25 years.
Today, over 25,000 practices in 50 countries worldwide offer CEREC for their patients, with more than 8 million cases completed successfully.
- Single visit - The complete treatment from preparation to fit
- Tooth coloured - Colour matched ceramic blocks are use
- Minimal tooth removal - Design conserves natural tooth structure
- Fracture resistant - Milled ceramic blocks are harder than conventional inlays
- No Temporaries - You do not walk around with these in your mouth for two weeks
- Biocompatible - Minimal irritation to the gums
- Simulates natural Enamel
- Kind to teeth
What does it do?
CEREC is a unique product in dentistry allowing the dentist to assess, design and prepare perfectly fitted ceramic (porcelain) restorations in one visit. Treatment for tooth coloured crowns, overlays, inlays and white fillings have not been easier.
No impressions or temporary fillings are needed.
The Cerec 3D ceramic crown requires minimal tooth preparation during a single visit to the dentist.
How does it work?
An incredibly accurate digital image of your teeth is taken. The work needed is planned on a computer. Solid blocks of ceramic material, which are among the hardest of all tooth coloured materials, are designed into beautifully fitted inlays, onlays, partial crowns, full anterior and posterior crowns or veneers. You see everything that is happening on the advanced computer screen using 3D software. Cerec will then precision mill the ceramic block.
We use advanced bonding systems to fuse the custom created restoration to your prepared natural tooth.
This superb new technology allows us to conserve much more of your natural tooth tissue than was possible before. It also allows us to perform an extended range of effective, clinically tested treatments. With over 10 million restorations placed worldwide, Cerec is rapidly becoming a treatment of choice over conventional tooth coloured fillings.
The CEREC procedure step-by-step
- Before treatment begins we inform you fully about the benefits
- After removing the decayed tissue or the defective amalgam filling, we create a 3D image of the tooth using the CEREC camera
- Your restoration is designed on the dedicated CEREC monitor
- We use the CEREC milling machine to create the restoration from a solid ceramic block
- We bond the new, perfectly formed restoration to your tooth to complete the treatment
required fields marked *